Monday, December 1, 2008

The Things I Do!








Well... I had a bummer morning, with Pops and Mom gone - where do they go, anyway? The nerve of them leaving me home alone... Finally, around 11:30, Mom comes bopping in. I was so excited, I jumped up to greet her and wiggled my body as much as I could wiggle - it was just fantabulous to see her. I knew that we could go someplace then... But all she did was pat me a lot and gobbledygook came out her mouth. Then she went and sat at the computer for a while! Well... I was glad she was there, but... Finally, she got her keys and coat and that's the SIGN! I raced to the door and she came up to me with my collar and leash and off we went to the park! Yeorrrrrrr! Kong time!

I haven't told you about the things I have to do sometimes other than play. Mom takes me to "Obedience" once a week over at the Oakland Dog Training place. I do half an hour of stuff that fries my brain! But I kind of like it. I get lots of treats when I do good. Then on Friday mornings, I get to do something really cool. Mom's teaching me tracking. I LOVE tracking. There's a ton of great smells everywhere - rabbits, deer, other dogs, coyotes, and even mountain lions. They've been in that meadow, but only us dogs know. The best scents of course, are the treats, which I follow for the most part. Here's a couple of pictures of me doing obedience at my friends' house. Terra and Shanti do obedience too. The smaller dog with the blue collar is Shanti. Terra and Shanti also know how to do hunt trials. My Mom doesn't want me to do that, but ducks sure smell good! WOOF!




3 comments:

BrandytheGreat said...

Hello Samantha! Thanks for dropping by my blog! We can't wait to hear more about your adventures! Are you a member of DwB?

BrandytheGreat said...

Hello again! We just read your comment. DwB is short for Dogs with Blogs. You can visit the site at http://www.dogswithblogs.com.au/
There you can find a whole list of bloggies just like ours and make new friends! Hope you have fun!

Mason Dixie said...

Obedience? wow I would never get a treat if I had to go through that. I would love the challenge though, but don't tell my mom. hehe. thanks for stopping by.